Monday 2 November 2009

Presentations with Prezi

A few weeks ago I started tinkering with a piece of software called Prezi which is available free (you can also upgrade at a cost), and is a tool to create presentations.

I was looking to create a way of pulling all the presentations together for the CiCS Departmental meeting.

I did find it frustrating at times, but after a few hours I had actually produced something I was reasonably happy with which can be seen here. The compromise was that it didn't encompass the presentations people were making except for a hyperlink - however time didn't allow me to look at moving other peoples presentations into Prezi.

In the end I chose not to use this at the departmental meeting as there was a lot of opportunity for things to go wrong, however its an interesting way of producing presentations once you get your head round it.

A number of other people within the University have started to use Prezi, another example of a presentation using it can be seen here.


Over time we will look and see if we will use Prezi, it does however provide an interesting alternative to PowerPoint (for now).


1 comment:

Sue Cunningham said...

I've had a play around with Prezi. Although I like some of the effects, I do find overall it can have a bit too much motion. Think I'd like something in between this and good old PowerPoint.